Chilli fumes send four to hospital

The pungent smell of roasting chillies in an apartment building sent four people in the Finnish city of Espoo to the hospital on Monday with respiratory problems.

Rescue workers had to use gas masks to get up to the top floors where the smell was coming from, rescue services spokesman Mika Maekelae told AFP, saying the smokeless odour was akin to pepper spray.

The first rescue worker who entered the building had a bad coughing fit and trouble breathing, he added.

Inside the apartment, rescue workers found an oven full of burnt whole chillies, which the occupant had forgotten — via richardfarner.newsvine.com

Share this Story
Load More Related Articles
Load More By Red Wolf
Load More In Food

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Photos from Flickr