This was originally one smaller unit, but in 1934, Richard Neutra was hired by the Rajagopal family (described as
renowned educators and architectural socialites) to expand their existing two bedroom/one bath Spanish home to accommodate friends and family. It was one of Neutra’s first commissions.
Neutra’s addition was an upper one bedroom/one bath unit, with a private terrace and additional studio space above the garage. Later, architect Paul Hoag was commissioned to build an additional studio apartment on the property, bringing the total number of units to three, covering around 2,207 square feet of interior space, with two separate gardens and two separate garages.