Finally got my arse in gear down to Reverse Garbage, well tagged along with a friend is closer to the mark, a small warehouse full of the stuff that normally gets dumped by manufacturers. The place is a hit with teachers as it is a treasure trove of kids craft supplies. I’ve been to the smaller Casula outlet, which is now closed thanks to the inept and corrupt Liverpool Council, but it was great to finally see headquarters.
My friend was in search of dacron filling, my partner asked me to keep an eye out for metal offcuts and I had no particular item in mind. No luck with the items we’d planned on, but I did come back with some interesting stuff.
- Three end spools of yarn that will make a hefty warp for rag rugs
- Two squirty water bottles left over from a channel seven Olympics campaign
- Two empty metal 35mm film cans, I had to wait until a bus load of Japanese students had finish pawing through the bin first, don’t know what I’ll do with them but I like film things and metal tins are always cool
- A large offcut of commercial carpet for Malamute’s kennel
- 4m² of Astroturf that I still have no idea of my partner’s plans for usage
Worth dropping by if you’re in the Marrickville area.